cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

All green but no upload file

mtran21
New Contributor III

I am doing a very simple pipeline that read one single file, then PGP encrypt it then SFTP to a remote server. When I execute the pipeline, I got all green but the file never got transmitted to the server.

Why? any hint?

12 REPLIES 12

mtran21
New Contributor III

Can you tell me more about adding output view? What snap do I need to add after File Writer?

Thanks

@mtran21 Open file writer, then go to view tab click on + icon besides output as shown below. I believe you have used sftp url correctly like -
sftp://:// with valid account

mtran21
New Contributor III

So I added output view, I ran the pipeline again and it greened up. But the file never got transferred. I look at this, why is it the output0 file size is 0?

@mtran21 Itโ€™s strange. Just delete file writer snap and try with another new file writer snap. If possible share your pipeline.

del
Contributor III

@mtran21, you should not expect the bytes count in the output view - just the input view. The document count of โ€œ1โ€ is expected; which is the result JSON document.

For further troubleshooting, I recommend changing the Snap Execution configuration on each of your snaps, including file writer to Validate & Execute

Then, validate the pipeline and inspect the output data from the validation.
When you inspect the output data, it should be similar to this:

In the above case, โ€œoverwrittenโ€ indicates the file was either written or overwritten. Of course, your filename will be different.

Maybe not, but I still suspect your target SFTP server is moving the file after it is delivered. Even if you test with an FTP client and can see the file in the inbox; give it a few seconds and then refresh the client and see if itโ€™s still there. I have experience of this behavior with a certain bank/credit card companyโ€™s FTP server.