Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Check File Size | Writer Snap

alok_tiwari
New Contributor II

Hi,
I am looking for a help in a flow.
I have created a flow where I am reading the file from one location and writing the file to different location in SLDB or other directory using FTP/SFTP.
I wanted to check the Size of the written file is there any way to find out ?.
To check the size of file from read snap or directory we can use Directory Browser Snap.
How to check the size of the file which is written using file writer snap to different location just like Directory Browser Snap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@alok.tiwari

Directory Browser is always an option ๐Ÿ˜€

BR,
Spiro Taleski

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Thank @AleksandarAngelevski

Is there any way to use/access the pipeline statistics fields
in pipeline ?
I am working on the project where I have to verify the Size of the file which I have read and written using file writer snap.
Suppose I can use the fields or data from pipeline statistics that will help to compare and verify the sizes.
Is there any way ?

Hi @alok.tiwari,

If your goal is to access the pipeline statistics from another pipeline please refer to:
Pipeline Monitoring API.

Sample response:

BR,
Aleksandar.

@AleksandarAngelevski its working and can use its fields for further process.
Thank You ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @AleksandarAngelevski
Can you please share me the sample pipeline or the config which I can use to get this data populated at output.
It will help a lotโ€ฆ

alchemiz
Contributor III

Hi Alok,

Good day, as an alternative you can also use a mapper snap in computing for the content-length before writing the file

parseInt((Base64.encode($content).replace(/=/g,โ€˜โ€™).length / 4 * 3).toString())

Happy Holidays ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ‡

Thanks,
Em