cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Email delivery Issue

Ksivagurunathan
Contributor

Hi,

We have used Email sender snap in our pipeline. But we observed email not delivering to all email addresses configured in the pipeline. This issue is inconsistent , couldnโ€™t reproduce it all the time. The pipeline completed successfully(No error on the email sender snap), but email not received. Anyone else facing similar problem with email sender snap?

7 REPLIES 7

stephenknilans
Contributor

Maybe I should have been more specific. What I meant by โ€œthe server might have been downโ€, is that the receiving server might be down. The SMTP command that the email snap uses just sends it to a server. That server tries to send the email packets to places it can access that get it to ANOTHER server, and that is relayed to the final email server. If something happens to disrupt that, it is supposed to bypass it, and try again. If a problem happens, like your email is rejected, or THEIR server is down, or doesnโ€™t exist, The SENDING email server gets a message and is supposed to send it to the sender. That can take a while though. If the SENDING SMTP server that you are using to start this is down, or canโ€™t be access, the snap will simply fail. And yourโ€™e right, NOTHING will be sent.

DaisyTam
New Contributor

I have seen this same problem myself. However, I did not have time to debug it so I just gave up. Please post any solution if you found one. I may want to use it in the future.

We had that happen here โ€“ the Email was going internal and I checked with our Networking/Email department. It got โ€œstuckโ€. Our administrator was able to unstick it. I know it doesnโ€™t provide a clear path but I would check with your email administrators to see if there is anything up with your email sending account.