cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error message: Cannot lookup a property on a NULL value

jfpelletier
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I'm having this weird issue where I use a JSON generator to create a payload for the following HTTP client snap, but apparently all the values resulting are NULL, which is weird because the output of the JSON looks fine.

This is what I use in the JSON generator:

jfpelletier_0-1699039103298.png

And the output looks just fine:

jfpelletier_1-1699039299233.png

However, in the following HTTP client snap, the output preview gives an error because apparently the value is null.

jfpelletier_2-1699039417280.png

Can someone help me find out what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance!

JF

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @SpiroTaleski,

I'm trying to send the fields as multipart payload. Please see screenshot from the HTTP Client configuration:

jfpelletier_1-1699285833166.png

And this is what it looks like in the Expression Builder:

jfpelletier_2-1699285882075.png

Thanks!

JF

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@jfpelletier If you execute the pipeline(not validate), do you getting the same error from the HTTP Client Snap? 

Hello @SpiroTaleski,

Not sure if it's related, but I managed to solve the issue last night with the help of a support representative helping me with a very similar issue.

I had quite a lot of opened snaps in the Designer (left-overs from previous attempts...), and at least one of them seem to have interfered somehow because when we disabled all the open snaps that were doing nothing, the issue disappeared...

We were not able to pin-point the exact snap that was apparently causing the issue, anyway it's resolved and working today... ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look into this issue and suggesting solutions! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kind regards,

JF