cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetch data whose date is less than 10hrs from the existing date!

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

I’m trying to achieve a filter condition but haven’t found any luck so far. My data has a field as Last_Updated which has date stored in the format 2022-06-23 03:54:45

I want to consider only those records whose date is less than 10 hours than the existing date. How can I achieve this? Shall I use a mapper or a filter snap and I would really appreciate if the logic behind this can be shared.

If the format of the date that is stored in the Last_Updated needs to be transformed as well, please let me know.
Thanks!

Regards,
Darsh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Than I go back to my original statement. This expression will do the job:

Date.parse($Last_Updated) > Date.now().minusHours(48)

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Moreover, the Timezone of Last_Updated is UTC as I haven’t changed it to any other timezone, may be that is creating a hurdle?

CC: @dmiller @ptaylor @siwadon @robin @koryknick

Than I go back to my original statement. This expression will do the job:

Date.parse($Last_Updated) > Date.now().minusHours(48)

Sure @bojanvelevski, I will test it out and keep you posted.
For now, I’m not seeing any data in my filter snap, may be there is no record that suffice the condition but I will manually change the data from the source system and test if this works.

As always, appreciate your help on this one too.

I wasn’t able to fetch any records with this criteria but that doesn’t mean this is not the solution. It is indeed and thank you @bojanvelevski for your help on this one.

Reason behind no records to be fetched was there were actually no records those were updated in the last 48 hours, I tweaked my criteria to 7 Days and found some for testing purposes and I can confirm that this worked.
Also, with Date.parse, the date format is consistent so not to worry about EST and UTC.

Something new I learned today was

Date.now().minusDays(7)

This above function helped me test the functionality for the last 7 days.

Thanks again @bojanvelevski , signing off from this thread now!

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

@bojanvelevski: I do understand that we closed this thread as we got the desired solution however putting a comment here as the next thing I’m trying to achieve is related to this functionality itself.

We were considering all records whose Last_Updated was less than 48 hrs and then those records were set to update the Salesforce table.
After that, a scheduled job was enabled to run 4 times a day and as we are considering records updated within last 48 hrs, we are seeing duplicate records in each batch, I believe we will continue to see those as the criteria is less than 48 hours, is there a way we can filter out what was updated in the last batch and consider the brand new ones ONLY?

Thanking you in advance for your help 🙂

Regards,
Darsh