cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the execution user

kmiesse
Contributor

I am deploying projects to QA and developer stacks so that they can have their own copies of projects for testing and developing. I’m using the SnapLogic metadata snaps to delete and create pipelines and tasks. I need the executions of these pipelines to show up under the quality analyst’s or developer’s user email address so that they can view and control their executions in Dashboard under the My Executions “Show only:” filter. I have been changing every email address in the input document for creating tasks and pipelines (owner, updated_by, create_user_id, etc.) with these metadata snaps and I have changed the owner in the project’s permission. But with every attempt the Username in Dashboard is still my email address and not the email address of the user the tasks or pipelines were created with or the owner of the project. How can these tasks, pipelines or projects be configured so that their executions appear under a specific user when that user is viewing My Executions in Dashboard?

10 REPLIES 10

The triggered pipeline actually runs as the user who created the task, so the information shown in the dashboard is accurate. The pipeline has to run as the task creator to ensure that the execution has access to any other resources/assets required for the execution. Running the pipeline as the task invoker can cause permission errors if the invoker has lesser privileges than the creator.

There is already an enhancement request open for showing the invoker id in addition to the task creator. The additional information can be added if the invocation is done using an user account, it cannot be shown when the invocation is done using a bearer token.

Thank you. Are the enhancement requests visible on the community site?

In general, they are not.

We have a category where you can run Enhancement ideas by other community members to see if others would also benefit from the feature, but it doesn’t get submitted unless you go through Support or your account manager.

I do review requests in that category and will let you know if it has already been submitted by someone and can add your company to the requestors list.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

jpanikulam
New Contributor II

A related question to this that we’ve been working on is - How to use Service Accounts that pipelines can be run under in Prod? We don’t want production tasks to be run under any particular user’s credentials but rather under a Service Account instead.
Please let me know your thoughts on SnapLogic best practices around this.

ash42
New Contributor III

Any update on this?