cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jar file download failed : NOT FOUND

brianm
New Contributor II

Greetings.

I'm attempting to perform some operations against a MySQL 8.0.33 server. I created a SnapLogic MySQL database  account, and uploaded mysql-connector-j-8.0.33.jar to the JDBC driver property of the account configuration popup. Pressing the validate button shows a positive result. I can also confirm a valid connection from the MySQL side.

However, when I use this connection in a MySQL Execute snap, I receive an error: "com.snaplogic.api.ExecutionException: Jar file download failed : NOT FOUND."

There are no network obstructions. The username/password is absolutely correct and validated by multiple means.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, I experienced the same behavior.

When running a pipeline, the default action is to look for jar files directly in the project space, even if you selected an alternate location in the GUI when creating and validating the account. In my case, I have the jar file in a shared project space. The fix, it seems, is to provide the full path to the jar file in the account JDBC driver attribute. In my case, it looked like this:

ProductionInstance/IdentityManagement/shared/mysql-connector-j-8.0.33.jar

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

svatada
Former Employee

@brianmDid you browse to the driver jar location from the snap property, or did you copy and pasted the file name directly into the account configurations?

brianm
New Contributor II

I browsed and uploaded from the snap property a few times. I also tried copy/paste. Same result either way.

joel_bourgault
New Contributor III

Same issue here, with some interesting timeline:

• We want to connect to our MariaDB Maxscale database load balancer, using cyphered connection. This seems to require the Connector J, so we upload it, select it as JDBC JAR, provide the credentials, Validate the connection: all goes well.
  • But then, pipeline fails, with following indication: "failure=Jar file download failed : NOT FOUND".

Now, the weird part:

• Coming back to Account, I remove the custom JAR line; now *validation still works* (when it didn't previously without the custome JAR file.)
  • And the pipeline do not fail anymore!

I will open a support ticket on this; @brianm do you experience the same behavior?

For information, I just created support ticket #64963.