cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jar file download failed : NOT FOUND

brianm
New Contributor II

Greetings.

I'm attempting to perform some operations against a MySQL 8.0.33 server. I created a SnapLogic MySQL database  account, and uploaded mysql-connector-j-8.0.33.jar to the JDBC driver property of the account configuration popup. Pressing the validate button shows a positive result. I can also confirm a valid connection from the MySQL side.

However, when I use this connection in a MySQL Execute snap, I receive an error: "com.snaplogic.api.ExecutionException: Jar file download failed : NOT FOUND."

There are no network obstructions. The username/password is absolutely correct and validated by multiple means.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, I experienced the same behavior.

When running a pipeline, the default action is to look for jar files directly in the project space, even if you selected an alternate location in the GUI when creating and validating the account. In my case, I have the jar file in a shared project space. The fix, it seems, is to provide the full path to the jar file in the account JDBC driver attribute. In my case, it looked like this:

ProductionInstance/IdentityManagement/shared/mysql-connector-j-8.0.33.jar

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yes, I experienced the same behavior.

When running a pipeline, the default action is to look for jar files directly in the project space, even if you selected an alternate location in the GUI when creating and validating the account. In my case, I have the jar file in a shared project space. The fix, it seems, is to provide the full path to the jar file in the account JDBC driver attribute. In my case, it looked like this:

ProductionInstance/IdentityManagement/shared/mysql-connector-j-8.0.33.jar

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply!

I just received the same answer from SnapLogic support, and it works indeed: "use the absolute path", as shown in sldb file browser, and not the shortened, relative path.

As this is an unexpected behavior, I suggested that 1) path entered in file selection is either absolute, or is resolved from Account location, not calling pipeline location, 2) an entry be added to the troubleshooting section. Hope at least one of these will be performed, preferably the first one 😁