cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

List started pipelines regardless of start date

kmiesse
Contributor

I need to determine which pipelines are currently running regardless of when they started. It appears the Pipeline Monitoring API only returns pipelines that have started within the last_hours parameter (although I canโ€™t seem to determine proper values for the start and end parameters - they are defined as โ€œtimestamp in millisecondsโ€ - milliseconds since when?).
We have continuously running pipelines that may have been started more than 90 days ago, which I believe is beyond the start limit of the Pipeline Monitoring API. I need this information to determine if all pipelines are executing as they should. How can I determine which pipelines are running regardless of their start date? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ken
Former Employee

As an interim solution, have you tried manipulating the data returned by the results of the Snaplex Monitoring API? There is quite a bit of information returned, but at a Snaplex node level, you will have visibility of all active runtime IDs in the active_pipelines array. The runtime IDs could then be resolved using the Pipeline Monitoring API to mine additional, granular details.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

How does Dashboard report them as โ€œStartedโ€ if they were started more than 90 days ago? I just want a simple list of what pipelines are running currently without having to run some OS or JCC-level commands on the node.

The only possibility for a task to be in a โ€œstartedโ€ mode is an Ultra.

I have not seen an scheduled task run that long.

Triggered task is out of question.

We have non-ultra pipelines running continuously due to the JMS Consumer snap configured to continuous mode as follows:

What makes the difference in whether a pipeline was started with a scheduled task vs. a triggered task for how long the pipeline runs?

Also, since SnapLogic quarterly updates require the nodes to be restarted nearly every 90 days no pipeline would run longer than the time between updates. If the API would allow us to go back as far as the last platform update that would resolve my issue. This should only be a few more days or weeks beyond the 90 day limit now, correct?

Or if there was a way to simply list the pipelines running on a snaplex, that would resolve the issue alsoโ€ฆ Is there a way I can do that within a pipeline?

did you try these options?

plex_label - string - fetch runtime for a particular Snaplex label
cc_label - string - fetch runtime for a particular cc label (jccโ€™s hostname)
user_id - string - fetch runtime for particular users
Example: user_id=user_a@example.com,user_b@example.com
project_path - string - fetch runtime for particular project
Example: project_path=/Snaplogic/projects/test_project
Format: /<org_name>/projects/<project_name>
Format: /<org_name>/shared