cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output preview not available for Inner Join

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

I’m using an Inner Join and observing that the output preview doesn’t appear. Is this an expected behaviour?
I however, have access to the data I’m expecting out of Inner join (as I’m writing to an excel file) but using a mapper after Inner Join doesn’t help as there is no data in the input schema of the mapper. How do I filter the data that I don’t need out of the Inner Join when the preview is not available and Input schema is showing nothing?

I also have access to the other filtered data as I have enabled the error view in Inner Join and that does have an output preview to it.

Appreciate your help and time on this.

Best Regards,
Darsh

26 REPLIES 26

Ok, thanks. The data you’re showing ARE sorted. The Sort is just like the Join or any other snap. It’s only going to sort the data that it receives on its input. If you’re doing a validate instead of an execute and your preview doc count is 50, the Sort is only going to sort 50 records. That appears to be exactly what it’s doing.

Got it but I was expecting Sort snap to change these results. I mean, I get your point based on the inputs a snap receives but it will take me some time to sink this fact.

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

If the numbers in the one input view start at 1000 and the numbers in the other input view are all just three digits, I would expect no output from the Join.

What happens if you change the Preview Document Count to 2000?

No change as I’m dealing with a lot of data and not all would suffice the join condition (as mentioned before)