cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output preview not available for Inner Join

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

I’m using an Inner Join and observing that the output preview doesn’t appear. Is this an expected behaviour?
I however, have access to the data I’m expecting out of Inner join (as I’m writing to an excel file) but using a mapper after Inner Join doesn’t help as there is no data in the input schema of the mapper. How do I filter the data that I don’t need out of the Inner Join when the preview is not available and Input schema is showing nothing?

I also have access to the other filtered data as I have enabled the error view in Inner Join and that does have an output preview to it.

Appreciate your help and time on this.

Best Regards,
Darsh

26 REPLIES 26

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@darshthakkar - as @ptaylor mentioned, when you are working with Pipeline Preview data and need to see data movement through the entire pipeline, you need to reduce your source data sets to a limited enough set that any snaps that can potentially filter data (i.e. Join, Filter, etc.) will still have data to pass. In your case, I would suggest putting a temporary filtering condition (i.e. Where Clause) on your database Select snap so that your data will match after the Join snap. Once you have verified that the pipeline logic is correct, simply remove the filter from your select and execute the entire pipeline and validate the complete results.

Thank you @koryknick for your suggestions. I will follow this practice going forward so that I’m not stuck with my development.

I’ll be closing this thread soon listing the best practices and solution provided. As both @ptaylor and you were really instrumental in providing the suggestions, I wouldn’t be able to mark a solution for either of your comments but will be giving credits on my closing comment coming soon (may be end of the day today)

Thank you again both of you for your help on this one.

Regards,
Darsh