cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output preview not available for Inner Join

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

I’m using an Inner Join and observing that the output preview doesn’t appear. Is this an expected behaviour?
I however, have access to the data I’m expecting out of Inner join (as I’m writing to an excel file) but using a mapper after Inner Join doesn’t help as there is no data in the input schema of the mapper. How do I filter the data that I don’t need out of the Inner Join when the preview is not available and Input schema is showing nothing?

I also have access to the other filtered data as I have enabled the error view in Inner Join and that does have an output preview to it.

Appreciate your help and time on this.

Best Regards,
Darsh

26 REPLIES 26

Look at the preview data for the Join’s two inputs. Can you find a pair of documents from each view that should be joined?

If not, try increasing the preview count to 2000.

Thank you @ptaylor for your quick response.
This opens up a new discussion as Sort snap’s output preview is not aligned with the exported results. I have tried validating it with Shift + Validate but haven’t found any luck. Some screenshots might help you understand this in detail:

Output preview of snowflake execute:

As the Name field is string in snowflake, used the following in the mapper:

Sorting it in ascending order so that the order matches with the flat file:

Output preview of Snowflake Sort:

This is amusing as if you check the exported flat file, the results will come in ascending order (snaps shared in my previous comment)

Long story short: No however I was expecting it to appear that’s the reason Sort snap was used. If results are random, I can remove the sort snap as it is an overhead to the pipeline and would impact the performance.

The results are not random.

Can you please switch the preview type of the Sort output to display JSON instead of Table? I want to see if the NAME value is a string or a number.

Sure, please find the below screenshots for your reference: