cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

REST Google Drive API - File is created as untitled

malleswari1
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

I am trying to write a file into google drive using REST Post snap, while creating the file in google drive, filename is set to untitled, tried with other options as such as multipart file upload but unable to resolve the error.

Below is my Rest post configuration

Below is my REST OAuth2 Account config:

any help on this issue is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Reddy

12 REPLIES 12

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

I noticed that in your screenshot, all of the settings beginning with โ€œSingle file uploadโ€ are blank, including โ€œSingle file upload: Filename to be usedโ€. Did you try setting those?

malleswari1
New Contributor II

Hi Taylor,

Yes, I have tried that option it is working for me I am able to upload the file, but the file is getting created as โ€œuntitledโ€

Using @tlikarishโ€™s suggestion of setting this up as a resumable upload rather than multipart/related, I was able to get this working. The pipeline is a REST POST used to create the resumable upload UIR followed by a REST PUT that uploads the file to the URI.

Red boxes indicate the fields you need to configure and how I configured them. Since this is a basic demonstration pipeline you will need to modify it to account for your needs, such as paramaterization. Note that the file does not upload in the REST POST snap.
REST_POST_A

Here are the Query Parameters and HTTP Headers set based on Googleโ€™s documentation:
REST_POST_B

Here is the REST PUT snap which uses the $response.headers.location URI from the REST POST to upload the file. That link will contain a token to ensure the file data is associated with the metadata we previously sent via REST POST.
REST_PUT

Here is a screenshot of the file going into my Google Drive with the correct name.
GoogleDriveFile

Finally, there is a caveat to this approach: the multi-part form data included by the REST POST snap is added to the file (rows 1-4 and the last row, row 8 in this example).
GoogleSheetsExample

Here is the pipeline and sample test.csv file:
REST_TO_GOOGLE_DRIVE.slp (17.6 KB)
test.csv.zip (908 Bytes)

Iโ€™ll provide another update if I can find a way around the additional HTTP Body information making its way into the file.

@rsramkoski, thanks for the details. I will try this approach as well. We have also worked with one of the Snaplogic developer Denver on this couple days ago and with his approach we need to post the files metadata as well as file in REST Post snap and this approach is also working. I will post the details here shortly.

Thanks,
Reddy.

skodali
New Contributor III

@ptaylor I have tried setting those but still, the file was saved as an untitled.

Capture