cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snaplogic Service Account Unauthorized?

JPaps
New Contributor III

Hi, I have configured a pipeline to trigger another pipeline via triggered task. The first pipeline triggers the second one by calling a triggered task’s secured REST URL, using the REST GET snap. I have tested the REST authentication for this purpose by using my own credentials as basic authentication and found success.

However, when I create a SnapLogic account and tick the “Provision this user as a service account.” checkbox, then use this account’s credentials to authenticate the REST call, I get an “Unauthorized” error.

I can’t find helpful documentation for this, am I configuring this account wrongly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hi @JPaps,

By default the service account does not have an access to the task you’re calling, or any other task except if it is in the main shared folder if I’m not mistaken.

You’ll have to explicitly give access for the service account, on the project where the task is sitting.

Let me know if this helps,
Regards,
Bojan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hi @JPaps,

By default the service account does not have an access to the task you’re calling, or any other task except if it is in the main shared folder if I’m not mistaken.

You’ll have to explicitly give access for the service account, on the project where the task is sitting.

Let me know if this helps,
Regards,
Bojan

JPaps
New Contributor III

Hi @bojanvelevski

Thanks for your response. I have added the new service account to the Permissions List of the desired project and it is now able to call triggered tasks within it.