cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using list of values in Filter snap

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

Is it possible to function a list of values in the filter snap?
Letโ€™s assume, I want to filter IDs whose values are 100, 110, 300, etc., how can I put this in Filter snap without using || function?

I was planning to use $ID IN (100, 110, 300, etc.) but this one doesnโ€™t seem to work so I have been using a conventional way as below:
$ID == "100" || $ID =="110" || $ID =="300"

Thanking in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Darsh

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

It depends. If your $ID are numbers, you can change the expression to

[100, 110, 300].indexOf($ID) != -1

I donโ€™t understand your last question about Mapper. Since you mentioned using the Filter snap, this is for the Filter expression setting.

filter_expr_indexof

View solution in original post

Abhishek_Soni37
Contributor

I used the dummy data below to create a working solution.
Input: 

[
    {"txt":"abc"},
    {"txt":"efg"},
    {"txt":"c - abc"},
    {"txt":"c - xyz"}
]

In the pipeline properties, I've defined a parameter filterValues that will contain the strings based on which you want to filter the records.
PipelineParamter.png
Use the below expression in the filter snap:

JSON.parse(_filterValues).map(x => $txt.contains(x)).filter(y => y == true).length == 1โ€‹

The result based on the input above looks like this:
image.png
The record that doesn't have the matching string defined in the filterValues parameter will be omitted.

Hope this helps!

Cheers๐Ÿ˜‰,
Abhishek

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@darshthakkar - My solution is pretty similar to what @Abhishek_Soni37 provided.  

koryknick_0-1704286485766.png

I would recommend that you not use JSON.parse() for every record.  It can be fairly taxing on your CPU depending on data volume.  If you want to remove the hardcoded reference to the array of values to search for, I recommend you look at Expression Libraries.

Hope this helps!

12 REPLIES 12

siwadon
Employee
Employee

I think you can use Array.indexOf().

["100", "110", "300"].indexOf($ID) != -1

Thank you @siwadon.
I believe for the above suggestion, Iโ€™ll have to ensure that my numbers are strings and then use that function in a mapper, right?

It depends. If your $ID are numbers, you can change the expression to

[100, 110, 300].indexOf($ID) != -1

I donโ€™t understand your last question about Mapper. Since you mentioned using the Filter snap, this is for the Filter expression setting.

filter_expr_indexof

Thanks @siwadon, I thought that the expression was for mapper, I will try this out in filter snap and let you know if it was successful.