cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure AD create entry snap failed unexpectedly

acatlan
New Contributor II

Hello,

I’m trying to create a user in Azure Ad via the Create entry snap but I keep receiving the following error “Failure: class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.String are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’), Reason: Snap failed unexpectedly and did not provide any reason”

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 09.50.32

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

11 REPLIES 11

apranay
Employee
Employee

Hi, Please provide boolean value for accountEnabled with expression disabled.
Screenshot-2
You can also trying sending value from upstream as shown in below screenshot.
Screenshot-3
Screenshot-4

acatlan
New Contributor II

Hello,

I’ve tried changing to expression disabled and I receive the following error:
“Failure: REST API service endpoint returned error result: status code = 403, Reason: REST API service endpoint returned error result: status code = 403, reason phrase = Forbidden, refer to the error_entity field in the error view document for more details, Resolution: Please check the values of Snap properties.”
or I receive the following error:
“Failure: REST API service endpoint returned error result: status code = 400, Reason: REST API service endpoint returned error result: status code = 400, reason phrase = Bad Request, refer to the error_entity field in the error view document for more details, Resolution: Please check the values of Snap properties.”
I’ve checked the Azure account setup and it follows the below documentation on having the right access also I have access to data from the AD account by using the List Entries Azure AD snap and I receive the correct information.
https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/1249608011/Application+Configuration+in+Az...

P.S In the second print you posted I’ve noticed that you receive the same error as I have initially.

apranay
Employee
Employee

Hello,
I have tried with different permissions and found that if ’ Directory.ReadWrite.All’ permissions is configured in azure portal then there is no permissions issue.
successPermissions
createsucess
When only Directory.Read.All permission is configured in azure portal there would be 403 error.
Screenshot at 23-11-18

In case there is no issue with app registration and permissions, then there could be issue with Snap configuration. Please provide a complex password for create user instead of ‘password’.
for example : xAA45WwvJ]6NMw+bWH-d
passwordrectify

acatlan
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have the Directory.ReadWrite.All permission in azure portal, attached screenshot below of all permissions granted.
Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 09.50.47

I’ve changed the password to a more complex one but unfortunately I still get the 403 error:

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 09.49.27