cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure AD create entry snap failed unexpectedly

acatlan
New Contributor II

Hello,

I’m trying to create a user in Azure Ad via the Create entry snap but I keep receiving the following error “Failure: class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.String are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’), Reason: Snap failed unexpectedly and did not provide any reason”

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 09.50.32

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

11 REPLIES 11

apranay
Employee
Employee

Hi,
Can you please try to re-authorise the account once and give it a try.
If it doesn’t work the only issue would be scope and Tenant domain name. Please try with specific tenant domain name.

acatlan
New Contributor II

Hi,

Re-authorised the account but still got the same 403 error.

The scope is exactly as the one you provided in the last screenshot but the the tenant domain name is not with “.onmicrosoft.com” at the end but more like “example.abc”. This being the primary domain name.
Don’t know if that could affect the snap and throw the error.

apranay
Employee
Employee

Hi,
I agree tenant domain name shouldn’t be causing 403 error.
I am not sure if you are using client credentials or authorisation code grant type. When I tried with client credentials I got 403 error.
403erro With Clientcredentials
But when I tried the same with authorization_code as grant type it worked for me.
AuthroCodeVerify
Please try with authorization_code and re-authorise the account. Hope this will help you, if you are already working with authorization_code and still facing 403 error, I might need more information to check the issue. As of now with provided permissions at app level and scope in account level there shouldn’t be any 403 error.

acatlan
New Contributor II

Hello,

With both authorization code and client credentials I get the 403 error. I can refresh the token and authorize the account but get the same error.
Please let me know what other information I can provide to better help with understanding the situation and finding a resolution to the issue.

apranay
Employee
Employee

Hello, can you please share exact error details from snap output and account settings. So that I can see what am I missing.