cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOX Account - Auto Refresh Token Not Always Refreshing Frequently Enough

christwr
Contributor III

Curious if anyone else has issues with BOX Account not automatically refreshing the token frequently enough, resulting in processes failing because of the expired token?

From Manager → Activity Log → Asset, I can see the system usually updating the account (refreshing the token) automatically every 20-30 minutes. And we have BOX pipelines that run every 15 minutes, which usually do not have any issues. However, every now and then, the system takes over an hour to refresh the token, which results in the tokens expiring (they are only valid for one hour) and then those regular BOX pipelines fail because of the expired tokens.

I’ve had several tickets with support about it over the last year or so, but haven’t really gotten anywhere. I’m wondering if it’s possible to have my own task/pipeline that manually refreshes the token on the BOX account, rather than relying on the “Auto Refresh” to work properly?

6 REPLIES 6

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

@christwr, I gave your account managers a heads up so be sure to bring it up with them when you next sync up. It’s also been bumped over to Engineering.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

christwr
Contributor III

SnapLogic pushed out a fix for this during the “background maintenance” on Friday 01/10 which fixed the issue for me. Hopefully you too @Satyanarayana