cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How can I code "Execute during preview" capability in custom snap? (i.e. testing validation mode vs. run-time mode)

del
Contributor III

I have a snap, that I have developed, for which I would like to add the โ€œExecute during previewโ€ capability.
Can anyone provide me with java code capable of accomplishing this? I do not need the code to create the UI feature, property or variable. I just need the code to determine whether the execution process is in the validation or run-time mode.

TIA,
โ€“ Del

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@del adding @Category(snap = SnapCategory.WRITE) to the class definition will automatically expose the โ€œExecute during previewโ€ checkbox. As @rohithmadhavan stated, behavior can be customized with SuggestExecutionProvider.

See Snap Development Documentation and Snap Development Documentation

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

rohithmadhavan
Employee
Employee

Youโ€™ll need to implement SuggestExecutionProvider and override the executeForSuggest method for โ€œexecutingโ€ during validation.

Since you donโ€™t need the โ€œExecute during previewโ€ property, the easiest approach will be to call the execute method within executeForSuggest as follows:

@Override
public void executeForSuggest() {
    execute();
}

@del adding @Category(snap = SnapCategory.WRITE) to the class definition will automatically expose the โ€œExecute during previewโ€ checkbox. As @rohithmadhavan stated, behavior can be customized with SuggestExecutionProvider.

See Snap Development Documentation and Snap Development Documentation

del
Contributor III

Thank you very much for your lighting-speed responses @rohithmadhavan and @robin.

I started on @rohithmadhavanโ€™s suggestion first and the path was very educational for me as I started to implement it. However, my question was vague in detail, and a little misdirecting, so @robinโ€™s response was the simpler solution I was looking for. Iโ€™ve developed 4 simple snaps, but none were write snaps, so that answer was not yet obvious to me.

Itโ€™s now working like a charm, so thank you both very much!

โ€“ Del

JiWon
New Contributor II

Can you please share how did you create that checkbox UI feature for a custom snap by sharing the codes?
Thank you