cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maven Install Authentication Error

ronmwhite
New Contributor II

Hello. Trying to do some development and cant seem to get out of the gates. I have tried this on multiple networks so it does not appear to be network related.

When run “mvn clean install” in my newly created workspace, after successfully running “mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.4:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://maven.clouddev.snaplogic.com:8080/nexus/content/repositories/master

I get the following error.

Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.snaplogic:jutils:jar:4.22: Could not transfer artifact com.snaplogic:jutils:pom:4.22 from/to github (https://maven.pkg.github.com/SnapLogic/Tectonic😞 Authentication failed for https://maven.pkg.github.com/SnapLogic/Tectonic/com/snaplogic/jutils/4.22/jutils-4.22.pom 401 Unauthorized

Thoughts?

19 REPLIES 19

ronmwhite
New Contributor II

@ptaylor I got the build to succeed. To do this, I removed my local Maven (downloaded from Apache originally) and added it again via brew install maven. That did not work by itself.

But then, I changed my JAVA_HOME from adoptopenjdk-11.jdk to the jdk that came with Maven as part of the Brew install - Open JDK 14.0.1. When I did that, mvn clean install -DskipTests=true worked.

Perhaps JDK 14 is somehow required by Maven 3.6.3 (Brew seems to think so in any case). Regardless, thanks for the support here. Note, the Snap Development Documentation still references JDK 8. I am assuming that Adopt Open JDK 11 will work for development tho as that is what we had to install on our snaplex for 4.22 recently.

Let me know if you have any thing to add on that or any additional questions. Thanks again.

That’s very interesting. I’m going to test if switching the Java version makes a difference. I’ve been testing with Java 8.

We did discover some issues with the root pom for the platform artifacts ( com.snaplogic.Tectonic:4.22.8124 at Package com.snaplogic.Tectonic · SnapLogicDev/sdk · GitHub). That was referencing some incorrect versions and repositories. We’ll have a new version of that pom deployed shortly which corrects those issues.

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

Hi @ronmwhite,

We’ve deployed a set of patches to address this issue. Please update these two properties in your project’s pom:

<snaplogic.platform.version>4.22.8138</snaplogic.platform.version>
    <snaplogic.snaps.version>4.22.6586</snaplogic.snaps.version>

As for Java version: No, Maven 3.6.3 will definitely work fine with Java 8, and for now, it’s best to build your snap project with Java 8. Yes, most production plexes should now running snaps with Java 11, but won’t really be fully ready to develop snaps with Java 11 until the next release in November.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

ronmwhite
New Contributor II

I just built from scratch using JDK 8 and SnapArchetype version: 4.22.1. No issues to report. Thanks again for the support.

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin