cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

REST OAuth2 Account - 'Client Credentials' grant type

PSAmmirata
Employee
Employee

Iโ€™m working with an application that supports โ€˜Client Credentialsโ€™ and โ€˜Authorization Codeโ€™ grant types in the authorization request; however, doesnโ€™t support refresh tokens. What is the value of selecting the โ€˜Client Credentialsโ€™ grant type in the REST OAuth2 Account? Does the REST OAuth2 Account make the authorization request and get the token when the first document enters the REST snap thatโ€™s using the account? Whatโ€™s the purpose of the โ€˜Authorizeโ€™ button when the grant type is โ€˜Client Credentialsโ€™ since the token will expire at some point? Is it just to validate that the account has been configured correctly?

I have the same questions if the grant type is โ€˜Authorization Codeโ€™ and the api doesnโ€™t support refresh tokens.

17 REPLIES 17

The Connecting to Marketo with the REST Snap Pack pattern uses REST Get to connect to Marketo. Maybe there is something there that will give you an idea.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

sanjaynayak
New Contributor III

Yes marketo is not supporting oautho2. Work around is rest snap

mramaswamy
New Contributor II

Yes. I tried that but I am not getting any Refresh Token when I authorize in the account creation. When did we solve this problem?

@mramaswamy Can you share whatโ€™s the error when you authorize the account?

sanjaynayak
New Contributor III

We are getting 500 error