cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST OAuth2 Account - 'Client Credentials' grant type

PSAmmirata
Employee
Employee

I’m working with an application that supports ‘Client Credentials’ and ‘Authorization Code’ grant types in the authorization request; however, doesn’t support refresh tokens. What is the value of selecting the ‘Client Credentials’ grant type in the REST OAuth2 Account? Does the REST OAuth2 Account make the authorization request and get the token when the first document enters the REST snap that’s using the account? What’s the purpose of the ‘Authorize’ button when the grant type is ‘Client Credentials’ since the token will expire at some point? Is it just to validate that the account has been configured correctly?

I have the same questions if the grant type is ‘Authorization Code’ and the api doesn’t support refresh tokens.

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Murugan - I’m sorry, but my company’s policies prevent me from sharing the pipeline.

Thanks for the reply. I understand. I have created my own REST POST to get the authorization token. It is not working.

URL - https://login.microsoftonline.com/{{TenantID}}/oauth2/token
grant_type - ‘client_credendials’

I have client_id and client_secret. I am able to get the Bearer token from POSTMAN by giving this information in Body. I would like to know how to give this information in REST GET or REST POST snap.

Thanks,
Murugan

@mramaswamy Do you have problem using REST OAuth2 account to retrieve the token? The problem to refresh client_credentials accounts has been resolved and the accounts are refreshed regularly.

sanjaynayak
New Contributor III

Hi

Oauth2 is working awesome for various client I have been using. But we got a strange issues, any suggestion would be helpful.

Oauth2 is working for one node but not for other node.
And we are getting 500 error on authorize after march 11 release

sanjaynayak
New Contributor III

It is working as expected, right now request can go from any node to respective server to get the token, it is round robin or LRH. We can put one enhancement to specify dedicated node should go to generate token