"d": 10,
        "nested": [{
            "m": "hey",
            "o": 10,
            "p": "hello",
            "q": 100
        }]
}

I am trying to multiply each number field by 10 and the output structure needs to be the same.
So far Iโ€™ve managed to get it worked for an Object using: $.mapValues((value, key) => !isNaN(value) ? value * 10 : value) but I donโ€™t really know how can I do that for Arrays.

Any tips?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

koryknick
Employee
Employee

Without giving you the answer outright ๐Ÿ˜‰, did you look at the Array.map() function?
https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/1438091/Array+Functions+and+Properties#Arr...

Also see the very bottom of this page for a similar example:
https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/1438042/Understanding+Expressions+in+SnapL...

Yes but .map() function transforms every element from the Array, I only need to change the fields where there are numbers. Is there a way that I can use conditional logic inside of the .map() function?( if typeof value == โ€˜numberโ€™ then value * 10 else value

Absolutely - the expression in the map function can use ternary logic just like you have in your example updating the object elements.

Assuming an input array:

{ "myArray": [ "abc", 13, "def", 15 ] }

This works as I believe you are requesting:
$myArray.map(x => x instanceof Number ? x * 10 : x)

{ "updatedArray": [ "abc", 130, "def", 150 ] }

You are right, in this case it works but in my case I have an array of objects which I finally managed to work with this: jsonPath($, "$nested[*]").map(x => x.mapValues((value, key) => !isNaN(value) ? value * 10 : value))

Input:

"nested": [{"m": "hey", "o": 10, "p": "hello", "q": 100}]

Output:

"nested": [{"m": "hey", "o": 100, "p": "hello", "q": 1000}]

Thank you @koryknick for your guidance!