cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recursive logic in Snaplogic

sravankunadi
New Contributor II

The pipeline was failing in production because it was calling the child pipeline for more than 64 times.
Do we have any workaround for this approach

11 REPLIES 11

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Can you share more details on what you were trying to achieve, how many scheduled tasks you had due to which the parent pipeline was calling child for 64 times or share a high level design on why would a parent pipeline call child a couple of times.

Was was the frequency of calling child pipeline 64 times? A day, an hour, etc?
Thanks!

tlikarish
Employee
Employee

We donโ€™t officially support recursion in the product. I think people generally work around this by changing the way they use the Pipeline Execute snap or triggered tasks.

sravankunadi
New Contributor II

upsertFolders_Marketo_Snowflake_2022_07_16.slp (25.6 KB)

I have attached the current pipeline where it goes to recursive more than 64 times. I would like to change the design for this and can someone provide how do i implement this?

My increment parameter is here offset and it needs to increment for every 200 records (0,199,398,597โ€ฆ) untill the warnings payload is not empty

Please find the attached get snap and the payload details

Once all the records are fetched i see the warning as No more assets to fetch

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@sravankunadi - please check the REST Get snap documentation. The โ€œHas Nextโ€ and โ€œNext URLโ€ properties will do what you are trying to do without recursion. The documentation also has examples to perform pagination, which is what you are doing here.