cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rest Get Query parameter particular filter criteria not working

deepthi_chidi
New Contributor II

I am doing an API call by passing dynamic timestamp in Query Parameters section , here is the value I am passing
“INSTALLED_SW_LAST_CHANGE_TIMESTAMP%20ge%20”+Date.now().toLocaleDateString()+“T15:00:00-05:00)”.
I am getting status code error 400

But if I am passing same value in edit pipeline section as below pic , pipeline works fine.
Can you please help me to resolve this issue. Thank you for your help.

8 REPLIES 8

Abhishek_Soni37
Contributor

Hi,

The provided information is not enough. could you execute the pipeline and share the detailed error log of the rest Get?
Also try and replace %20 with + as below and give it a try.
“INSTALLED_SW_LAST_CHANGE_TIMESTAMP+ge+”+Date.now().toLocaleDateString()+“T15:00:00-05:00)”

It didn’t work when filter is given in REST GET
But when I give in edit pipeline it works.
Here is the error log

REST API service endpoint returned error result: status code = 400

Resolution:

Please check the values of Snap properties.

Reason:

REST API service endpoint returned error result: status code = 400, reason phrase = Bad Request, refer to the error_entity field in the error view document for more details

Hide Details…

REST Get[592dae2559ee13133f007722_63f2942e-f7da-46bc-b36d-a5798debc42e – 059bb661-6992-47e5-9874-3d255a2be639]
`com.snaplogic.snap.api.SnapDataException: REST API service endpoint returned error result: status code = 400
at com.snaplogic.snap.api.rest.RestResponseProcessor.process(RestResponseProcessor.java:379)
at com.snaplogic.snap.api.rest.RestRequestExecutor.execute(RestRequestExecutor.java:426)
at com.snaplogic.snap.api.rest.RestRequestExecutor.executeOnce(RestRequestExecutor.java:323)
at com.snaplogic.snap.api.rest.RestRequestExecutor.execute(RestRequestExecutor.java:190)
at com.snaplogic.snap.api.rest.RestRequestExecutor.execute(RestRequestExecutor.java:173)
at com.snaplogic.snaps.rest.Get.process(Get.java:124)
at com.snaplogic.snap.api.ExecutionUtil.process(ExecutionUtil.java:106)
at com.snaplogic.snap.api.ExecutionUtil.execute(ExecutionUtil.java:70)
at com.snaplogic.snap.api.SimpleSnap.execute(SimpleSnap.java:70)
at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.executeSnap(SnapRunnableImpl.java:812)
at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.execute(SnapRunnableImpl.java:586)
at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.doRun(SnapRunnableImpl.java:877)
at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.call(SnapRunnableImpl.java:436)
at com.snaplogic.cc.snap.common.SnapRunnableImpl.call(SnapRunnableImpl.java:120)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Reason: REST API service endpoint returned error result: status code = 400, reason phrase = Bad Request,
refer to the error_entity field in the error view document for more details
Resolution: Please check the values of Snap properties.

Error Fingerprint[0] = efp:com.snaplogic.snap.api.rest.89xhsFt7`

Hi @deepthi.chidi

My bad on suggesting to put + instead of %20, it generally works if you put the query parameters directly in the URI field.

I gave it a try, see the below screenshot.

where ever in your query you’ve space leave them as it is, it’ll be translated to %20 and same with other special characters.
“INSTALLED_SW_LAST_CHANGE_TIMESTAMP get ”+Date.now().toLocaleDateString()+“T15:00:00-05:00)”

For me, it worked fine when I removed the %20 and + from the filter string.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

I am facing still same issue when I pass filter criteria in REST GET snap .
But when I try in edit pipeline and passing same filter criteria it works (all formats are working, %20,space and +)
I am not sure at this point why same filter criteria is not working when given REST GET snap ☹️