cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return custom HTTP Header

Henchway
Contributor

I’m trying to return a hash of a CSV document I’m returning in a triggered task and I want to return it in a HTTP header.
I would have thought i can do it the same way i can manipulate the status code by setting a binary header, but the headers aren’t coming through.

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this? (Ideally without buying any additional subscription services, thanks)

Here’s an example of the output of the csv formatter:

Best regards
Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asharifian
Employee
Employee

Hi @Henchway,

If you are referring to having a SnapLogic triggered task respond with a custom HTTP header value, then these are the following scenarios:

1. If you’re using the ground URL on a groundplex, then it’s possible by having the custom value go to the $[‘content-type’] variable in a Mapper snap. Ensure your Mapper snap has a Binary output and that it’s unlinked.

The $content variable within the Mapper will contain the response body so ensure that’s there if necessary.

1. If you’re using the cloud URL (whether it be via a groundplex or cloudplex), this is currently not possible and only standard HTTP headers can be returned in that case.

Thanks,

Ali

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cjhoward18
Employee
Employee

Hi @Henchway

If you have the key $content mapped in your response document, that will be considered the response body, and the rest of the key/value pairs are treated as response headers.

asharifian
Employee
Employee

Hi @Henchway,

If you are referring to having a SnapLogic triggered task respond with a custom HTTP header value, then these are the following scenarios:

1. If you’re using the ground URL on a groundplex, then it’s possible by having the custom value go to the $[‘content-type’] variable in a Mapper snap. Ensure your Mapper snap has a Binary output and that it’s unlinked.

The $content variable within the Mapper will contain the response body so ensure that’s there if necessary.

1. If you’re using the cloud URL (whether it be via a groundplex or cloudplex), this is currently not possible and only standard HTTP headers can be returned in that case.

Thanks,

Ali

Thank you very much, i wasn’t aware that I had to use the override URL to use custom headers!

Best regards
Thomas