cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Issues with Base64 Decode - Base64.decodeAsBinary()

christwr
Contributor III

Curious if anyone has any thoughts or can see if Iโ€™m just doing something wrongโ€ฆ

I have a pipeline thatโ€™s fetching content files from Salesforce. These are received in BASE64 format and need to be decoded to binary before posting them to an internal application. If I leave the Salesforce results as-is (BASE64) and just try to send them to the REST POST snap with an inline Base64.decodeAsBinary() if fails with a weird error about bad Base64 input characters.

However, if instead I hookup an actual Document-to-Binary (BASE64 DECODE) and then re-encode with a Binary-to-Document (BASE64 ENCODE) and then pass that to the REST POST snap still with an inline Base64.decodeAsBinary() it seems to work fineโ€ฆ

Seems weirdโ€ฆ Obviously I would prefer to just do the first method, rather than decoding/encoding/decoding like the second method.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

christwr
Contributor III

Hmmโ€ฆ I wonder how the DECODE BASE64 on the lower branch works then?

Iโ€™ll mess with it more.

It might not be doing anything at all since itโ€™s already a byte array.

jayakrishnan_va
New Contributor

Hi @christwr , I believe that the base64 encode-decode inbuilt functions has some limitations and the encoding-decoding doesnt support all characters.
In the second approach i guess the data is not being transferred as it is supposed to be even though its working (please verify it).

my suggestion: use a script snap with python code for base64 encoding and decoding functionality.

Thanks.

What limitations have you found there to be? The functions were failing in this case because they were being passed raw binary data and not base64-encoded strings.