cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsuite token based account

umashankar316
New Contributor II

Hi All,

Recently netsuite updated to token based, Anyone making use of netsuite token based account to access netsuite.

Thanks,
Umashankar

9 REPLIES 9

umashankar316
New Contributor II

Hi Mina,

Thanks for your updates.

Actually we have to create access token for existing integration user, NS team updated bundle later token account successfully validated.

Looks like steps for snaplgoic NS token account creation should be updated with proper steps to follow.

Thanks,
Umashankar

Hi ,

We have an integration working based on NetSuite Token Based authentication.
Within the NetSuite Application that NetSuite account has only CONSUMER KEY and CONSUMER SECRET.It does not have an Application ID.

Recently there was a patch upgrade on NetSuite which forces NetSuite token based accounts
to be created with Application Id in addition to the normal CONSUMER KEY and CONSUMER SECRET.

When we validate this NetSuite token based account in Snaplogic we get the following error

<Failed to validate account: An error occurred while executing the SOAP request Cause: Invalid login attempt.
(Reason: Invalid login attempt.; Resolution: Please provide valid input data)>

We believe that prior to the NetSuite patch upgrade when the Application Id was not forcefully created this account validated fine.

So the question is how to validate the NetSuite Token based account which has an application id

Thank You,
Sombit

Sombit, I’m unclear on what you’re saying here. Can you please give a link to some documentation about what you’re referring to?

I implemented our support for NetSuite’s Token Based Authentication in our NetSuite snap pack a few years ago and as far as I know, nothing has changed about our implementation since 2017 and nothing has changed in terms of the NetSuite requirements either. Our implementation has always used an Application ID, Consumer Key and Consumer Secret that are completely hidden from the end user. These values are associated with the “SnapLogic” integration that everyone must import into their NetSuite account and create their tokens against. It has never worked any differently than that. Please review our documentation about how to import the SnapLogic integration record into your account through NetSuite’s SuiteBundle mechanism, and how to create a token against this record. Visit this page and click on the “Know more about generating the Token ID…” link:

https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/1438997/NetSuite+Account

Also, please share a screenshot of your NetSuite Token Account settings.

Re-reading your post, it strikes me that the issue may be that an older version of the NetSuite snap pack was incorrectly reporting a successful validation for a NetSuite Token Account that wasn’t in fact valid, and the newer version of the pack is correctly reporting that the account is invalid. Were you able to actually use this account with the NetSuite snaps to successfully create/read/update data?