cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Passing Body Content in Post Snap

jsmith141
New Contributor III

Hi,

This is a very novice question, but I am having trouble with a post request snap. This is just to authenticate with the RingCentral platform to receive a token for API consumption. I am able to successfully retrieve an access token when calling the oauth/token endpoint in Postman. The issue arises when I try to move this post call into SnapLogic. The call requires certain parameters to be passed through the body and I am not sure how to duplicate this in SnapLogic post snap. Please see the screenshot of the Postman call Body tab below.

I have created a basic account in SnapLogic to store the username and password and my post snap references that account. I am also aware that the credentials of a basic account can be accessed using the โ€œAccount.Usernameโ€ and Account.Password" of the respective referenced account within the snap.

I am just not sure how to build out the body section in the โ€œx-www-form-urlencodedโ€ format as shown in the screenshot? The error I get back when validating this post snap is just a 400: Bad Request.

Any insight/help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if additional information is needed to provide assistance.

Thanks,
James

48 REPLIES 48

jsmith141
New Contributor III

Oh I apologize for the confusion, I already had that specific header in place We are successfully using the account.username and account.password in another pipeline i.e. in the HTTP entity field of the POST snap.

Wow! Youโ€™re right. I guess I hadnโ€™t tried it with exactly the right syntax. This expression works just fine in the HTTP Entity field:

"grant_type=password&username=" + account.username +"&password=" + encodeURIComponent(account.password)

jsmith141
New Contributor III

Oh yeah the statement itself validates, but I am still getting a 400 bad request error

Letโ€™s see a screenshot of your REST Post snap settings.

@jsmith141 You can try removing the account from the REST Post snap and send the account username and password through pipelines parameters to check if itโ€™s working.