cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to handle echo message

JensDeveloper
Contributor II

Hi all,

I’m encountering this error for the first time but we have a ultra task api pipeline running.
And today when Iwas testing out the api it gave the error message:

Somehow knows what that means.
I also saw in the dashboard that we sometime lose connection to the nodes so I found on the community.

But i already have implemented a pipeline execute. and the CPU usage is very low

someone knows the first error?

Regards

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Jens. The image of your pipeline is too low-res for me to be able to read the snap names. But I think I’m hearing that the crux of the problem is that your SQL Select returns multiple records so you’re trying to deal with that in your Ultra pipeline.

The key to doing that is to use a child pipeline and move the SQL Select to that pipeline, along with whatever snaps are needed to aggregate those multiple documents and return a single document as the result of the child pipeline. Then in the parent, do any additional processing needed on that child output document to create a single response document for this request. This works because a new instance of the child pipeline is created for every request, so you can use aggregating snaps there that you can’t use in the root Ultra pipeline. Make sense?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @ptaylor ,

Yeah that was the problem before and I implemented the child pipeline but then after that the pipeline was not erroring in the dashboard but when I made multiple requests it always gives response: Unable to handle echo message. But next day then it works again until a certain of time.

• Then I tried the Request URL in the browser and that works and I get an instant response.

For now it’s working and we didn’t have the error whole day could it be possible that when your editing the pipeline constantly changes that it maybe shows the error message because of all the changes. I know it always takes some time to update the pipeline in ultra task

Regards

Jens