cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Salesforce contact object and Account Lookup

Meriem
New Contributor II

Hello, 
We are trying to upsert contact object in Salesforce.
All fields supported by contact object are well update but the field PHE_ACC_tech_ERP_number__c which is an external ID on the account is problematic.

Meriem_0-1713969733005.png

Meriem_1-1713969903979.png

This field allows to link a contact to the right account in SF ( we are not using AccountID ).

Thanks for your help, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Meriem 

From the error screen, I can see that the PFN_CON_tech_id_erp__c is causing the issue. 

You can perform following actions: 

• Salesforce API: Try to Upsert in REST API mode instead Bulk, and check if you will get the same error. 
  • Check Field Name: Make sure that the field names you're trying to upsert match exactly with the field names in Salesforce.
  • Permissions: Verify that the fields you're trying to upsert are visible and accessible to the user performing the operation.
  • Data Type: Ensure that the data type of the field you're trying to upsert match the data type defined in Salesforce.

Hope this will helps! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Meriem 

From the error screen, I can see that the PFN_CON_tech_id_erp__c is causing the issue. 

You can perform following actions: 

• Salesforce API: Try to Upsert in REST API mode instead Bulk, and check if you will get the same error. 
  • Check Field Name: Make sure that the field names you're trying to upsert match exactly with the field names in Salesforce.
  • Permissions: Verify that the fields you're trying to upsert are visible and accessible to the user performing the operation.
  • Data Type: Ensure that the data type of the field you're trying to upsert match the data type defined in Salesforce.

Hope this will helps! 

Meriem
New Contributor II

Hello @SpiroTaleski , 
Thanks for taking the time.
I confirm that point 2, 3, 4 are ok.
I'll try Salesforce API.
Thank you

Meriem
New Contributor II

Hello @SpiroTaleski , 

I confirm that Saleforce API was the solution.
thanks again !!

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

@SpiroTaleski AWS credit for you.

Diane Miller
Community Manager