cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error management on JMS Consumer

Lydia
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

We are currently trying to improve our pipelines by adding error paths and are having problems with the JMS Consumer snap.
Unlike other snaps, like the SQL Server snaps, where a connection failure is routed to the error path, a connection error on our JMS snap does not trigger the error path and fails (see attached image).

Is there a way for us to catch those errors without ending with a failure ?
Please note we do not use ultra pipeline/ultra tasks, but a regular schedule task to run this pipeline.

Edit for clarity :

Error is not triggering error path

Here same type of error (connexion error) is triggering error path (donโ€™t mine the failure on the next box it was expected here)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Supratim
Contributor III

@Lydia If you want to explicitly stop your pipeline after send some action (logging/notifying) you can use EXIT snap and config till how many no of document it accept like 1 in below pic. You can also customized you error message on exit error message filed. If you config that pipeline as task and select notification in case of failure, people will get snaplogic platform generated mail with your custom error message.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi @Lydia,

Can you please check if youโ€™re using the right account? Moreover, what type of input data are you feeding?

Looping in @bojanvelevski, @robin and @dmiller who are SMEs and might help you with this one.

Lydia
New Contributor II

Hi @darshthakkar, thanks for the comeback !

The snap works just fine usually, I was currently trying to trigger an error by using the wrong password to see if the error path was working correctly, because error caused on MQ issues needed to be foward to a different team than the team managing the rest of the pipeline in production.
My issue is not the error itself but the fact that it doesnt go to the error path and instead fails right there.

In comparaison when i use the wrong SQL password on the SQL snap it triggers the error path correctly :
(dont mind the fail on the error box itself cause itโ€™s using the same sql account ๐Ÿ˜… )

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Which snap is the Audit Erreur Generation... ?
Is it a pipeline execute, JWT Validate, HTTP router or Shuffle snap?

If its a pipeline execute, can you please check which child pipeline itโ€™s is trying to execute?

Lydia
New Contributor II

Itโ€™s a pipeline execute. The called pipeline logs the error in the database and sends an email to the appropriate team.