cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error management on JMS Consumer

Lydia
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

We are currently trying to improve our pipelines by adding error paths and are having problems with the JMS Consumer snap.
Unlike other snaps, like the SQL Server snaps, where a connection failure is routed to the error path, a connection error on our JMS snap does not trigger the error path and fails (see attached image).

Is there a way for us to catch those errors without ending with a failure ?
Please note we do not use ultra pipeline/ultra tasks, but a regular schedule task to run this pipeline.

Edit for clarity :

Error is not triggering error path

Here same type of error (connexion error) is triggering error path (don’t mine the failure on the next box it was expected here)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Supratim
Contributor III

@Lydia If you want to explicitly stop your pipeline after send some action (logging/notifying) you can use EXIT snap and config till how many no of document it accept like 1 in below pic. You can also customized you error message on exit error message filed. If you config that pipeline as task and select notification in case of failure, people will get snaplogic platform generated mail with your custom error message.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Lydia
New Contributor II

Hi ptaylor,

Thank you very much for this answer ! You gave me a better insight on how things work.
And yeah it actually makes a lot of sense that i’m not catching this error. Yet at the same time being able to handle an error path and stop the pipeline instead of failing is quite different.

Basically :

• For the JMS snap I want to be able to direct any issue with MQ directly to MQ team cause i have no hand in it. Most issue these days are actually about a down with the MQ but i was doing quick testing on my side only so i tried with an auth failure instead. I’ll contact the MQ dev team for integrated testing to see if i can reproduce the exact error and check how snaplogic responds to that.

• Regardless of the error/snap having an issue and of what kind, I wanted to be able to STOP the pipeline after sending a notification / logging the issue, instead of ending in a FAILURE (which is also a stop but abrupt). That’s because of how my organisation poorly deals with failures in Snaplogic i guess. Since we’re a big org with several teams using Snaplogic, right now it takes several hours for my team to be made aware of the failure of one of our pipeline in production and then i need to dig in the dashboard to find more info and it’s really not an efficent process. With an error path i can make us aware directly and with more specific info depending on where a problems occurs.

Supratim
Contributor III

@Lydia If you want to explicitly stop your pipeline after send some action (logging/notifying) you can use EXIT snap and config till how many no of document it accept like 1 in below pic. You can also customized you error message on exit error message filed. If you config that pipeline as task and select notification in case of failure, people will get snaplogic platform generated mail with your custom error message.

Hi Experts,

Configuring through task the notification does work in this scenario. Does this mean that this is expected to work like this only. Because clearly there is a difference in behavior between MySQL Snaps & JMS Snaps.
Is this expected?

Thanks.