cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapper behaviour

neeraj_jahagird
New Contributor

Hello Team,

I am facing a strange situation where I am trying to map a value to a variable but it is getting over-written with another value that I haven’t mapped it . Please find the below steps.

1. Here is the mapper, where “” value and X are getting mapped to “$BAPI_PO_CHANGE.POITEM.item[].NO_MORE_GR" and "$BAPI_PO_CHANGE.POITEMX.item[].NO_MORE_GR”, explicitly.

2. The output that is being received is “X” being mapped to both “$BAPI_PO_CHANGE.POITEM.item[].NO_MORE_GR" and "$BAPI_PO_CHANGE.POITEMX.item[].NO_MORE_GR”

Expectation : $BAPI_PO_CHANGE.POITEM.item[].NO_MORE_GR to contain value “”
$BAPI_PO_CHANGE.POITEMX.item[
].NO_MORE_GR to contain value X.

Can someone please quickly help?

Thanks in advance.

Neeraj.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@neeraj.jahagirdar

Please find the attached sample pipe:

Test for array_2022_10_18 (1).slp (4.2 KB)

BR,
Spiro Taleski

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@neeraj.jahagirdar

I can see that you are mapping the “POITEM” object to both places(“POITEM, POITEMX”):

And, I believe that is causing the result to be mapped on both places although you do re-mapping again below. You can try to add that re-mapping in separate mapper.

BR,
Spiro Taleski

Hello @Spiro_Taleski ,

Thank you so much the reply!

As per your suggestion, I did try to map the targets in different mappers, yet I am not receiving the desired output.

Could you please let me know if you think I should consider another approach, maybe try some script?
To let you know a little more, I also tried to drop the BAPI_PO_CHANGE.POITEM.item[*].NO_MORE_GR in the succeeding mapper after doing the mappings in the first mapper, yet no luck.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks again.
-NJ

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@neeraj.jahagirdar

Can you please attach here the sample pipeline that you are working on? Please remove any sensitive data if you have.

BR,
Spiro Taleski

Hello @Spiro_Taleski ,

Please find the attached sample pipeline, that i initially started off with, which do not have any other snaps, apart from the mapper with 1-to-1 mapping.

Please let me know if you need any more information.
Test for array_2022_10_18.slp (4.3 KB)

Thanks,
NJ