cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throw error to trigger error pipeline

Henchway
Contributor

Hello,

I’m wondering if there is any way to trigger the error pipeline, without having to execute it with a Pipeline Execute snap. The idea is that I filter for Client or Server errors, which i’d like to handle differently based on the error code and in case of an internal server error, simply throw it to the error pipeline to log the error and create a ticket.

Does anyone have an idea of a good way of throwing the error to the error pipe without explicitly triggering it through a Pipeline Execute snap?

Best regards
Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mongley
New Contributor II

You could send the errors via a Mapper snap, then if you right click on the output circle you will see the option to ‘Link output to error pipeline’ - this will send the mapper output to the error pipeline configured in the pipeline settings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

What about setting the default behavior to send all of the errors to the error pipeline, where you can develop a logic to classify the errors based on the incoming data?

I have a generic error pipeline, which logs errors to a database and later picked up by a mechanism to create internal support tickets. I’d like to keep the default behavior without adding an extra pipeline. But generally, yes, i suppose that would work.

mongley
New Contributor II

You could send the errors via a Mapper snap, then if you right click on the output circle you will see the option to ‘Link output to error pipeline’ - this will send the mapper output to the error pipeline configured in the pipeline settings.

Thank you, that’s exactly what i wanted to do. I saw this described in the documentation, but couldn’t figure out how to do this.

Best regards
Thomas