cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error management on JMS Consumer

Lydia
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

We are currently trying to improve our pipelines by adding error paths and are having problems with the JMS Consumer snap.
Unlike other snaps, like the SQL Server snaps, where a connection failure is routed to the error path, a connection error on our JMS snap does not trigger the error path and fails (see attached image).

Is there a way for us to catch those errors without ending with a failure ?
Please note we do not use ultra pipeline/ultra tasks, but a regular schedule task to run this pipeline.

Edit for clarity :

Error is not triggering error path

Here same type of error (connexion error) is triggering error path (donโ€™t mine the failure on the next box it was expected here)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Supratim
Contributor III

@Lydia If you want to explicitly stop your pipeline after send some action (logging/notifying) you can use EXIT snap and config till how many no of document it accept like 1 in below pic. You can also customized you error message on exit error message filed. If you config that pipeline as task and select notification in case of failure, people will get snaplogic platform generated mail with your custom error message.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Great, can you double check whether child pipeline has been properly called in the pipeline execute?
Moreover, are you wanting to pass any parent pipeline parameters in the child pipeline which hasnโ€™t been declared in the parent pipeline?

Lydia
New Contributor II

Humโ€ฆ sorry but i feel we are not focussing on the issue iโ€™m having. Iโ€™ve updated my first answer to make it more clear (also english is not my first language sorry if iโ€™m confusing).

My issue is not with Execute Pipeline failing or such, itโ€™s that the JMS Consumer Snap donโ€™t go to that error path. The Audit after works just fine if i use the good SQL password, i was juste trying to show quickly a similar issue having a different consequence but i have no issue with either the SQL or Execute Pipeline.

So are there some errors type that wonโ€™t trigger an error path ? Is this maybe on some snaps only ?

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Please donโ€™t apologize, youโ€™re not confusing and it doesnโ€™t matter if English is not your first language. This space โ€œCommunityโ€ has been build to help each and every individual irrespective of their locations, work titles, language, programming languages they use, etc.

I was trying to understand whether all the snaps have been configured correctly along with the account so that we can drill down to a single point of failure. Well, Iโ€™ve already tagged the SMEโ€™s on this thread so they might be able to help you as they have more exposure and visibility to such issues.

CC: @robin @dmiller @bojanvelevski @Spiro_Taleski @Supratim

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Preview not necessarily suggests that there is no error in the pipeline. Preview is for the random 50 records (this depends on your settings too as seen in the snaps below:

Letโ€™s assume, your settings is set to 50 documents in preview, if those 50 ran successfully, the preview will pop up Green but there is remaining data (i.e. raw data count) which will come into effect after clicking โ€œExecute Pipelineโ€

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

I have to defer to @robin on this.

Diane Miller
Community Manager