cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsuite Account Setup

anilv
New Contributor II

Hi all,
How to get the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret from NetSuite.
we need to setup the Netsutie Rest API Account in snaplogic.

Any one have idea,please help me on this.

Thanks,
Anil

24 REPLIES 24

first post in this thread but not regarding this issue. (How to deal with paging in post response is one example). we use saved searchs with the netsuite snaps and we use a restlet with credential nlauth authentication. we are trying to convert the restlet to oauth. we had a parent pipeline that calls a child to do each batch of calls. but there were issues where the pipelines would succeed but the reports were incomplete, for example.

priorities changed but now i am back on brushing off our solution and continue down the path. mainly was curious to know if any more stable solutions have been found.

Interesting. Did credentials-based authentication stop working for you, or did you just decide to move away from it for other reasons, like the fact that NetSuite advises against using it anymore?

By “oauth” you mean NetSuite’s Token Based Authentication, yes? I would characterize TBA as oauth-ish but it’s different in important ways. (I added support for TBA to our NetSuite snaps.) Yes, you’re correct: you need to calculate a new TBA passport for every request, so you will probably need to restructure your pipeline so that it’s invoking a new instance of the REST Post for each call. Have you tried this?

right now i think it was our netsuite credentials that got changed and that’s why it’s not working.

from netsuite: “Deprecation of RESTlet authentication through user credentials is planned for all new RESTlets created as of NetSuite 2021.1 or later.” Yes, we are using TBA for all our Netsuite snaps. for the rest calls we have the child pipeline which calculates the signature for each new url. but there is some tricky stuff where if we get an error we need to try again, and i haven’t figured out all that logic.

Hi Brian, Hi Patrick,

I was using credential based authorization but just received a warning message from NetSuite, therefore I’m back with the TBA account for REST snap. I’m fighting with the account settings ☹️

For this particular search I need to use RESTLet, I was thinking about running the SQL query but after some research I couldn’t find the Last Login Date table in the NS Database.

Capture

brianrandolph
New Contributor III

Still working this issue. Snaplogic has stated that an oauth1 account will solve the issue. Investigating validity now…