cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing mapper variable for WSDL URL in SOAP Execute

arvindnsn
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to send the WSDL URL into SOAP Execute by initializing in a mapper and then send that variable to SOAP Execute WSDL URL as mentioned below. But I am encountering an error. Is it possible to send variable to WSDL URL in Soap Execute?

The above mapper has the WSDL URL initialized.

I am getting the above error.

Please help in resolving this as I have to read the base WSDL URL from a database table and that is the reason, I am trying to initialize the WSDL URL in a mapper. I have masked the WSDL URL for security reasons by replacing “test”

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@arvindnsn

But on the contrary, I am able to initialize it in the pipeline parameter and then pass the pipeline parameter in the WSDL URL to work successfully.

If that’s the case then you can split the logic in two pipelines:

1. Parent pipeline - to read the WSDL from database, and pass the URL to child pipeline as pipeline parameter.
  2. Child pipeline - that will contains the SOAP Request.

BR,
Spiro Taleski

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@arvindnsn

In order to derive the “Service Name”, “Endpoint”, “Operation”, you will need first to hardcode the url in the “WSDL URL”.

After that, you can try to dynamically send the WSDL URL to the SOAP Execute Snap.

BR,
Spiro Taleski

I tried doing hardcoding it first to derive the “Service Name”, “Endpoint”, “Operation” and then pass the variable from a previous mapper. But it fails.

But on the contrary, I am able to initialize it in the pipeline parameter and then pass the pipeline parameter in the WSDL URL to work successfully.

But since, I have 3 flavors of WSDL URL for 3 different Environments, I am trying to read them from a DB table that stores different URL in different Environments.

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@arvindnsn

If that’s the case then you can split the logic in two pipelines:

1. Parent pipeline - to read the WSDL from database, and pass the URL to child pipeline as pipeline parameter.
  2. Child pipeline - that will contains the SOAP Request.

BR,
Spiro Taleski

@Spiro_Taleski Yup that works. Thank You.