cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Create a triggered task using snaplogic pipeline

Vishaal_Arun
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have a requirement with me that I need to create a triggered task automatically with the pipeline parameters of the existing scheduled tasks using the snaplogic create snap.

Is it possible to do that? If yes, please let me know how can i figure out the solution

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Vishaal A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Vishaal_Arun 

Check Kory's reply, you need an existing Triggered Task(as an example, just to get the JSON metadata structure), and update the pipeline parameters property from the details read from Scheduled Task. 

I just missed to add that in the previous post attached pipeline. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@Vishaal_Arun - This is actually fairly simple if you have a task to start from.  Just use the SnapLogic Read snap to get the existing task metadata, update any of the properties you need within the JSON object returned from it, then use the SnapLogic Create snap with TASK as the Asset Type and the new task name in the Asset Path property.

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Vishaal_Arun 

As @koryknick outlined, you can easily achieve that by using SnapLogic metadata snaps. 

I am attaching a simple pipeline that do that job. 

Vishaal_Arun
New Contributor II

Hi Both,

It's creating a scheduled task, Can we create triggered task directly with the pipeline?

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Vishaal_Arun 

Check Kory's reply, you need an existing Triggered Task(as an example, just to get the JSON metadata structure), and update the pipeline parameters property from the details read from Scheduled Task. 

I just missed to add that in the previous post attached pipeline.