cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JMS Active MQ - Failed to validate account

avinashpatil
New Contributor

Hello Friends,
Need a help configuring JMS ActiveMQ account.
After trying multiple configuration settings still not able to validate account.
Please suggest solution. Find the attached configuration.

JMS_MQ
TCP connectivity test.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok. There are limitations with a trial account. A Groundplex isnโ€™t available, which means to access your Active MQ instance, your machine needs to be accessible over the Internet!

A Groundplex is a plex that is customer-managed, and so you could install other software on it, such as Active MQ. The Groundplex can be an on-premise instance or cloud-based instance. Cloudplexes, by contrast, are cloud-based and managed by SnapLogic.

It sounds like your experimenting with Active MQ. Many of the cloud providers allow you to spin up this service. I think Amazonโ€™s MQ wraps Apache Active MQ.

I donโ€™t want this to tarnish your impression of SnapLogic, because we really do have a big offering. I didnโ€™t realize you were on a trial account.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

mbowen
Employee
Employee

It seems there is an issue with name resolution. Iโ€™m not familiar with the Test-NetConnection script. It looks like youโ€™re on Windows. As an experiment, does it work if you replace the hostname in the provider url with the IP address ?

java.naming.provider.url = tcp://192.168.0.12:61616

Alternatively, you could define a mapping for this hostname in your Windows host file. Not sure what versions of Windows you are running; maybe in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

192.168.0.12 PC1J57TA

Thanks for update, I have already tried with replacing machine name with IP address/localhost/127.0.0.1 but its throwing same exception. Yes, I am trying on Window 10.
As suggested, I have tried DNS mapping option but it did not work.

Bummer. Definitely something to do with name resolution. If broker was down, or or port invalid, you would get a ConnectionException. Similarly, a SocketException would be raised if bad ip.

Iโ€™m able to reproduce locally if I use an invalid hostname. A valid hostname successfully validates (Linux).

jms-active-mq-bogus-hostname

jms-active-mq-good-hostname

You may want to file a support ticket. We have a lot of in-house expertise with Windows, just I donโ€™t.

Hi Avinash:

Another thing to note is the IP address in your tcp connection test is a private non-routable address. Iโ€™m not sure of your SnapLogic configuration, but the Snaplex needs to be able to talk to this Active MQ broker. So, maybe thatโ€™s the issue. It looks like you ran the test on the same machine which isnโ€™t a snaplex.